RTCom - SIP Service

"ext Larry Battraw" <lbattraw at gmail.com> writes:

>   As an aside, has anyone had their Application manager break after
> trying to to install RTCom?  I managed to get RTCom installed manually
> via apt-get/dpkg but now whenever I run the Application manager the
> window will appear almost instantly, titled "Application manager", and
> sit forever.

That usually means that the backend process does not start up and the
frontend is waiting for it to respond.  That's quite bad since you
basically can't debug the situation without help from the frontend.
It's a known bug that has been fixed in more recent versions of the
AM.

The backend has quite low requirements for a successful startup.
Usually, sudo has some problems.  Try this as "user":

    $ sudo /usr/libexec/apt-worker
    apt-worker: wrong invocation

If you see the error message "wrong invocation" from apt-worker, it
has been started successfully.

One common problem with sudo is that /etc/sudoers has the wrong
permissions:

    $ sudo /usr/libexec/apt-worker
    sudo: /etc/sudoers is mode 0640, should be 0440

Maybe some of the RTCom packages messes with /etc/sudoers?

> Doing a strace results in the attached log

Thanks for the strace!  It was only for maemo-invoker and not for the
hildon-application-manager, but I appreciate the effort! :-) Debugging
can be a bitch on the maemo platform... :)