my two big fustrations with the N800 - please help me find aworkaround!

Just a quickie while I'm writing a longer response:

- maemo unstable repository. Let's talk about this, but it is a
discussion that needs to be done with the developers and at a
development level. The value of the distro relies on the use upstream
and other third party developers would make of it. Users alone can try
and test fresh software via partial releases, like we have done this
week. The effort that implies to launch and maintain a distro is in a
different magnitude, and I'm afraid this effort is not sustainable with
power users alone. Let's move this discussion to an own thread in
maemo-developers.

- Improving extras repository. Maybe I'm wrong, but the process to get
your packages in this repository is far less complex that the process
you need to go through in order to get a similar access to the Debian or
Ubuntu repos. Basically you need to get your .deb packages and .install
files ready and you need to sound trustful when requesting upload
permissions. The problem is probably elsewhere (you have made already
some very good points) and we are happy investing time and resources
fixing the problems i.e. providing more automation and integration
between garage.m.o, extras repository and downloads.m.o. This is another
discussion that needs to be held at a developer level, better at
maemo-developers with own thread.

Quim