The new N800 firmware (2007SE_4.2007.26-8)

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 03:13:32PM +0200, Hanno Zulla wrote:
> Andreas Poisel schrieb:
> > * Andreas Poisel <aplists at gmail.com> [070706 14:44]:
> >
> >> Using the new firmware the touch-screen refuses to work after a few
> >> seconds.  It's the same after each reboot.

Didn't happen for me yet, although I didn't try to use it immediatelly
after a reboot.

> > Touch-screen comes back after waiting awhile.  Quite strange though.

Could it be that the touchscreen works fine, but the device itself is
quite busy (metalayer-crawler digging through all your mp3 file) so it
is unable to react to the clicks?

> I see no change whatsover in touchscreen sensitivity with the new
> firmware. The touchscreen worked fine before and works just as fine now.

It could be the observer effect, after reading the announcement.
Although I had noticed before with the stylus, especially in the
lower-right corner, that I couldn't just touch the stylus or comfortably
push it, but had to use force to get the tap to register.  Now taps
again work like they used to when my N800 was new.

Marius Gedminas
--
   Since this protocol deals with Firewalls there are no real security
   considerations.