Some Data Backed Commentary in the midst of this week's Blather about the Iphone

Kevin,

and it looks like Apple, has, in fact,. "bent the pins", on this device,
moreso than on , say  Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0, or 6.0 based devices
(which are in fact quite user extensible, witness the software product
portfolio available at handago) by dis-allowing the user from installing
arbitrary software "apps" on it.

This product is driven as much by the itunes business model (ipod = high
class razor, tunes = blade) than anything else. ATT and Apple can now
"collaborate" on extending Itunes dominance to other forms of media content.

 I would be interested to know how long ATT is going to have exclusivity
on the Iphone. If it is more than say 6 months, then that will give
iphone competitors time to sell/design/build competing solutions to the
other mobile service providers, which they, are probably already doing.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks