Better planet layout through Greasemonkey/Stylish

quim.gil at nokia.com wrote:
> So we met at #maemo and we discussed. Some pre-conclusions about
> planet.maemo.org improvement:
>
> - Keep the fixed width.
>
> - Keep the right column navigation, improved. No text wrap. Possibility
> to add more feeds underneath, tbc.
>
> - Keep the hackergotchis but embedded in the text.
>
> - Text flows from top left until right column limit, a widely used
> practice that provides 10-14 words.
>
> - maemo screenshot at 75% and YouTube window must fit.
>

> This is what we are going to try. Have a bit of patience, please.
> Embedding the hackergotchi in a bubble might not be easy from a design
> point. Perhaps we make a quick fix getting rid of it while the designer
> comes up with something great. Dunno if someone will work this weekend,
> otherwise at the end of Monday there should be progress visible.
>
> Quim

Thanks Quim - I'm impressed!

I also like the sound of your comment on irc which didn't make your email:

<qgil> (in fact what I have forgot to say in the last email is that we are also planning to offer "voluntary flexible width" to registered user, to be configured somewhere in your profile
<qgil> but this will take longer

All sounds good and excellent progress! :)

Many thanks.