Better planet layout through Greasemonkey/Stylish

Andrew Flegg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If, like me, you find the narrow columns on the new planet a triumph
> of style over usability; and prefer to have content fill the browser
> window you've decided on, rather than the fixed width style the
> designer likes *and* you use Firefox and Greasemonkey/Stylish the

Thanks for that... I'm sorry to say that I too find the new design thoroughly unusable.

Quite honestly, Planet now looks ridiculous in Firefox on a 1280x1024 screen, with the content area taking up a fraction of the available space with lines wrapping as often as 4 words per line.

I don't want to read Planet anymore. I don't like it, I find it difficult to read. I'm beginning to bookmark and visit directly the blogs that interest me most - this is of course sub optimal, but at least I can comfortably read the content rather than be annoyed by it.

Separately, I also find the new Maemo navigation confusing and/or broken. Wiki and Bugzilla both have direct links on the mini-navigation visible on the Home page yet it's necessary to navigate to Community before you can navigate to Wiki, and Development for "Bugs" (where the link to Bugzilla is buried within a bullet pointed paragraph). Why aren't Wiki and Bugzilla given permanent links in the right hand nav? They're extremely important aspects of the Maemo site and should be upfront and center.

"Style over usability" - I couldn't have said it better myself. :(

By the way, if anyone is interested there is a poll on the ITT forum which should enable the maemo.org designers to determine how well the new design is being received:

	http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6274