Choice of Programming Languages

Hi,

ext Simon Budig wrote:
>> Why JavaScript would be slower than the other interpreted languages
>> like Python, Perl etc?
>
> It is not only the language itself, it is also the latency involved for
> contacting the (although local) webserver and/or recomputing the layout
> of the page.

Er.  Why you would want to get your (JavaScript) program through
a (local) webserver instead of having it just in a (HTML) file?

Another nice thing of JS programs is that you don't need to do
.desktop file or create a D-BUS service, you can just bookmark
your local file. :-)

	- Eero

PS. I'm not suggesting using this for anything serious, but for things
like IP-mask calculators etc it should be fine.