Choice of Programming Languages

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> About UI, if you want simple interfaces to automatize process, and
> that should be the main need for Maemo right now, due limited input
> and interaction with device, you can try to use my wrapper around
> toolkits (it's just GTK now, but can/will be extended), it's also
> available for Maemo (doing Hildon stuff).
Maybe it's a silly thought, but what about doing the UI stuff in
javascript within a browser window?

Actually, that's a question I'd like answered - it's what I've been
thinking of doing for a project, but haven't gotten around to yet.  How
is the javascript implementation for browsers that run on the 770?