Choice of Programming Languages

* Miles Fidelman <mfidelman at meetinghouse.net> [070426 15:00]:
> Maybe it's a silly thought, but what about doing the UI stuff in
> javascript within a browser window?
>
> Actually, that's a question I'd like answered - it's what I've been
> thinking of doing for a project, but haven't gotten around to yet.  How
> is the javascript implementation for browsers that run on the 770?

I wrote a fairly complex application using the Opera browser
(Javascript, JSON) for UI and a python web/application server installed
locally on a N770.  It works - in principle.

But: debugging is a nightmare, the browser hangs sometimes (especially
in the first 20 minutes after system boot) and the rendering is sluggish
with images.

Right now I'm rewriting the application with Python/GTK for N800, first
tests are very promising.

--
Bye, Andreas