kind of off-topic, but not completely: some questions about the N800

On Tuesday 03 Apr 2007 01:12, andrei raevsky wrote:
> 3) I have installed mplayer.  Both the original media player and
> mplayer tend to make the unit freeze (with the sound track still
> running) has anyone come up with a solution for this

There's the update (which other have mentioned already):
http://maemo.org/#date_23032007

It should work really well then. If not then try reencoding your video:
http://maemo.org/maemowiki/VideoEncoding

> 6) has anyone succeeded in installing a firewall on the N800?  I
> could, of course, write a small script for iptables but its just not
> convenient to access the root account with ssh each time then run the
> ipables script.  Any better ideas?

You could add an init.d script:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ch-sec-services.en.html#s5.14.3.2

Regards,