kind of off-topic, but not completely: some questions about the N800

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 08:12:40PM -0400, andrei raevsky wrote:
> 1) Xterm: I have installed xterm and even got myself a root password (using
> dropbear ssh).

I hope you have changed the default root password?

> However, this is no the Bash shell I am used to and the
> commands do not have man or info pages.  Where can I find some documentation
> on this shell's usage?  And one small thing: show do I scroll up numerous
> pages (like to examine the contents of a 'netstat' command)?

osso-xterm has a scrollbar at the right side of the screen, but there's
only so much output that fits in its scrollback buffer.

> BTW - when I
> do netstat|less I get a warning that "this terminal is not fully
> functional".  Any ideas as to what that means?

It means that the terminfo database that less uses to figure out how to
control the cursor is not installed.  It comes with the ncurses-base
package that you can install from the Application Manager, if you have
the maemo-hackers.org repository configured.

Did you install the plain osso-xterm (version 0.13) or the maemo-hacker.org
version (0.13.mh21bora1)?  I strongly suggest the m-h.org one, as it is
more featureful.

Marius Gedminas
--
Look!  Before our very eyes, the future is becoming the past.