Applications unexpectedly closing on n800

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 02:57:37PM +0200, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Thanks, I could reproduce it now.  I need to press Back and Menu keys
> very quickly after each other.  If I press them slowly this doesn't
> happen. And it doesn't seem to happen if I cancel the menu with another
> keypress, I don't know why.

> My assumption on what happens:
> - Back key pressed -> ESC press delivered to application
> - Back key released & menu pressed -> Menu opens before application
>   window processes the ESC release
> - Only after the menu goes away with a tap, the ESC release is processed
>   by the application window.  As the interval between processing the
>   press and release events was long, it's interpreted as a long press
>
> I'm not sure how this could be fixed.  The X events contain a timestamp,
> maybe this could be used for checking the event interval instead of
> the interval of processing the events.

Which part of the software stack handles the long Esc presses?
Matchbox?  Gtk+?  I'd like to look at the code.

> Currently the bug seems to have 0 votes.  Are the other users pressing
> the keys in a way that triggers this bug too?  (I don't think I've ever
> triggered this mysefl when using the device)

I don't recall ever triggering this by accident.  I can reproduce it if
I try.

Marius Gedminas
--
"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking