[Fwd: [Fwd: Re: Coming back to Glade]]

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 05:55:58PM +0100, Claudio Scordino wrote:
> >Never generate code with glade. NEVER. It's evil. glade-2 developers
> >recommend to use only .glade files and load them using libglade. Glade-3
> >doesn't support at all generating code.
>
> Oh, now I see!
>
> Can I have more information about why glade-2 messed up generating code
> files ? Wasn't the problem fixable at all ?

It is a generic problem when you use some UI tool/wizard to generate
source code, and then modify the source code.  If you later want to
tweak something, you have to do it in the code (inconvenient), or if you
use the same tool to regenerate code, you'll have to redo all your
modifications (painful).

Marius Gedminas