[Fwd: [Fwd: Re: Coming back to Glade]]

Hi,

> El mi?, 28-02-2007 a las 17:05 +0100, ext Claudio Scordino escribi?:
>>    from a mail posted in August I've seen that "the glade-support has
>> been stripped and gazpacho support is still under way.." on Maemo.
>
> libglade is still supported in bora release, and it is available on
> repository.maemo.org.
>
> Gazpacho is not currently included on the SDK release. It was using an
> old and patched version.
>
> The idea is to use now gazpacho upstream version plus gazpacho-hildon
> adaptors and some custom plugins to make maemo developement easy.

I've some questions, because I suppose that the Glade-2 designer is more
useful than Gazpacho when programing in C, so probably I missed something...

- Gazpacho does not export any C interface with the callback support. It
does not create .c and .h files either. Glade, instead, does. How can I
set the callbacks using Gazpacho ?
- The gazpacho xml is not fully compatible with libglade yet as reported
in the Gazpacho website
- How can I use Hildon? Do I need libglade?
>> Since libglade does not completely support Gazpacho, we would prefer
>> using
>> Glade. Is it still possible ? (some dependencies about Gazpacho seem
>> hard-coded
>> inside the Laika plugin for Eclipse...)
>
> gazpacho support perfectly libglade format. It is even ready for the
> upcoming GtkBuilder format.
The web site reports something different. Is still possible to launch
glade2 in Xephyr under Scratchbox?

>> Why Maemo does not provide both choices ?
Regards
Michael