From: maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org on behalf of Dr.Nicholas Shaw
Sent: Wed 3/7/2007 8:53 AM
To: Mike Lococo
Cc: Maemo Users
Subject: Re: External Monitor

Thanks, Mike.  That's what I suspected.  I'm thinking now, based upon your and Jonathan's responses that I may be able to accomplish the same thing using VNC.  I currently have a VMware instance running on a system with the VMware instance displaying on a 2d monitor.  Perhaps I can do the same with VNC accomplishing the objective.  I'll have to try that when I return.

Appreciate the quick responses!

Nick Shaw

On Wed Mar 7 16:43 , Mike Lococo sent:

	>> I think I know the answer but need to ask it anyway just in case.
	>> I've seen pictures of Nokia displaying the N800 desktop onto an
	>> external monitor. Is it possible for US to display to an external
	>> monitor? If so, how?
	>
	> VNC works but is I'm sure not whaat you are asking..

	To clarify, it's possible to view the "desktop" of the N800 in a window
	on another computer over the network via VNC. It's not possible to hook
	it up to a monitor via a cable.

	Thanks,
	Mike