WLAN Power Save Mode timeout

> > And WEP + EAP please?
>
> This has been requested occasionally. It would help if you could come
> up with some kind of examples where this is needed. That they I could
> show that there's really a need for this. Technically there's no point
> of supporting 802.1x with WEP encryption, because TKIP is already
> widely supported.

Many wireless networks in the US, for some reason universities in
particular, ONLY allow connections using WEP + EAP (usually PEAP in my
experience).  One example is Texas Tech University (
http://www.ttu.edu ), which requires all wireless devices to use
WEP+PEAP, no exceptions.  (Yes I've argued with them about their
implementation, yes I've requested either WPA or EAPless access for
devices that don't expect that particular kludge, ...)

While there may technically not be a reason to use it, many access
providers are using it regardless, and, particularly for college
campuses, which tend to be so large that other access points are
unavailable, it would be nice not to be in a wifi blackout.

--
It doesn't take a nukular scientist to pronounce foilage!  --Marge Simpson
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/shouldbefree.html