WLAN Power Save Mode timeout

Le mardi 20 f?vrier 2007 ? 11:55 +0200, Kalle Valo a ?crit :

> If you have tested different timeouts, please send me feedback if it
> works or not. Include the make and model of the AP used for testing,
> and a small description of the problem. This would be really helpful
> for us to see what kind of problems there still are with WLAN PSM.

I've tested with two different AP :
-Freebox v5 (ISP DSL modem + wifi AP), which is based on ralink 2661
(802.11g + MIMO, pre-n)
-Linksys WRV54G

both with timeout 200ms and everything seems to work nicely. I didn't
notice any slowdown.

The only "problem" is to test extended battery usage ;) Since it is only
triggered by timeout on network activity, autonomy can only be gained
(and therefore mesured) this way for interactive usage (web browsing,
IM) and not by stressing network (for instance, by playing a radio
stream).

I guess it will be hard to find a good testcase to show how much power
is gained this way.

--
Frederic Crozat <fred at crozat.net>