WLAN Power Save Mode timeout

WLAN has a feature called Power Save Mode (PSM), which saves a lot of
power. The timeout for going to PSM can be configured for N800 using a
gconf key. Here's an example how to change the timeout to 200 ms:

gconftool-2 --set --type int '/system/osso/connectivity/IAP/wlan_sleep_timeout' '200'

The new setting will be used during the next WLAN connection
establishment. If you want to use the default value again (currently
1000 ms), just unset the key:

gconftool-2 --unset '/system/osso/connectivity/IAP/wlan_sleep_timeout'

Unfortunately not all WLAN Access Points support PSM properly. So
reducing this timeout might create problems with certain APs. But I
would like to get feedback about this, so do test shorter sleep
timeouts if possible. I would recommend trying 200 ms first. That
would save a lot of power but still it shouldn't slow down normal
usage that much.

If you have tested different timeouts, please send me feedback if it
works or not. Include the make and model of the AP used for testing,
and a small description of the problem. This would be really helpful
for us to see what kind of problems there still are with WLAN PSM.

--
Kalle Valo