WLAN Power Save Mode timeout

"Kalle Valo" <Kalle.Valo at nokia.com> writes:

> If you have tested different timeouts, please send me feedback if it
> works or not. Include the make and model of the AP used for testing,
> and a small description of the problem. This would be really helpful
> for us to see what kind of problems there still are with WLAN PSM.

I have received few reports, really good, but keep them coming still.
The more the better :)

I have understood that there are web forums with quite active users.
Could someone please pass my request to the forums as well? For
example you could send the link to my post in the archives:

http://maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-users/2007-February/004092.html

(I myself can't follow the web forums, the user interface is just too
slow for me. I prefer keyboard over mouse.)

Also few things which I forgot to mention. Internet Radio is the best
way to test WLAN PSM. At least AccuRadio sends packets approximately
500 ms apart, so with the sleep timeout of 200 ms the device will go
to sleep mode for sure.

Also a good test is to ping from the network towards N800 with an
interval greater than the sleep timeout. If everything is working as
they should, not a single packet should be lost. For example, set the
sleep timeout on N800 to 200 ms and ping from the network with an
interval of one second (which I guess is the default for all ping
applications).

Thanks for your help, Maemo community. Greatly appreciated.

--
Kalle Valo