Nokia 770 will not power on after standby

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 06:51:48PM -0500, ktneely at astroturfgarden.com wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 12:49:15AM +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> > My mother sometimes has problems turning on her 770.  I hold the power
> > button for a few seconds, release it, and it boots fine.  There appears
> > to be a trick to it: if you hold the power button too short, it won't
> > come up; if you hold it too long, it won't power on either.  Sometimes
> > it seemed that I had to plug in a charger to get it to see the power
> > button presses, and I usually attributed that to an empty battery.
>
> I will try this.  When it happens, I have tried various times:  short
> and long, but I will try "just right" next time  :)

Scientific experiments show that I was talking nonsense about holding
the power button too long.  My 770 boots up fine even if I don't release
the power button.

I remember some occasions when I held the power button, the screen
blinked up with the Nokia logo, and then turned to black again.  No idea
why that happened.  Low battery?

> There are times when the device works fine, but this happens with
> relatie frequency if I am not careful.  Not a problem when I am near a
> power source, but a problem if I am travelling.

Marius Gedminas