Nokia 770 will not power on after standby

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 12:35:50PM -0500, Acadia Secure Networks wrote:
> I don't have any answers but I just yesterday I reported to this
> list a similar problem on the N800 requiring removal/re
> installation of the battery to "unbrick" the device.

I read those posts and the behavior was definitely similar, but I thought that p[erhaps my problem was a bit more "passive".  Inother words, I did nothing other than place the cover on the device.

Also, mine is a 770.  I forgot to mention that it is the second to latest OS flash.  I cannot remember the exact numbers.

I hope something can be done about this, because the batttery trick is a relatively savvy maneuver.  Most people I know would not be able to do this.  If it were their iPod, for example, they would call it broken and take it to the Apple store.  This behavior is one of the things that go through my mind, and a warning I give when I show off my 770 and recommending it to friends.

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com