Nokia 770 will not power on after standby

I have had the following problem with my 770 for sometime now, but do not really understand the cause or how to avoid it.

This is what I did last night:

- Moderate use of my tablet for a few hours.
- Left on with a wikipedia article in the browser for about four hours
- I wanted to read the article later, so I flipped the cover around and went to bed.  (batt indicator shows full)
- about ten hours later, I pulled the cover off, and it did not come on
- To restore the device, I have to take out the battery for a minute or so, replace it, plug in the device, and press the power button.
- when the tablet comes back on, it is fully or 3/4 charged

Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas?

thanks,

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com