Nokia 770 will not power on after standby

On 02/17/2007 08:45, ktneely at astroturfgarden.com wrote:
> I have had the following problem with my 770 for sometime now, but do not
> really understand the cause or how to avoid it.
>
> This is what I did last night:
>
> - Moderate use of my tablet for a few hours.
> - Left on with a wikipedia article in the browser for about four hours
> - I wanted to read the article later, so I flipped the cover around and
> went to bed.  (batt indicator shows full) - about ten hours later, I pulled
> the cover off, and it did not come on - To restore the device, I have to
> take out the battery for a minute or so, replace it, plug in the device,
> and press the power button. - when the tablet comes back on, it is fully or
> 3/4 charged
>
> Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas?
>
> thanks,

I noticed a similiar problem using the audio player on my n770.  If I put the
cover on while the audio was playing the unit would immediately crash to
where I needed to take the battery out, etc.   I don't remember this
happening with just the web browser and wifi connected but maybe something
similiar is happening.

tim