[maemo-users] N800 as e-book reader

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 17:14:06 -0300 "Eduardo Lima" <eblima at gmail.com> wrote:

EL>   I've quickly rebuilt evince and dependencies for the N800. It seems
EL> to work well and much better than in the 770. Unfortunately I don't
EL> have much time neither to test it better nor to set up an repository.
EL> So I've uploaded a tarball including all packages necessary. The
EL> direct link follows:

EL> http://www.maemo.org.br/platform/etrunko/evince_n800.tar.gz

EL>   Explode the tarball somewhere and copy the debian files to the
EL> N800. Then with xterm and root run dpkg -i *.deb. I hope this helps.

Hola Eduardo,

I tried evince on the N800 over the weekend with a few PDF and CBR
comic book archives and it works well.  Problems observed:

1) CBZ packages were not shown in the file selector (unzip is installed, I checked)

2) RAR and ZIP packages should be handled like CBR and CBZ

3) opening a file keeps the first one open.  This is a problem if you
have large archives.  It should be an option (open one/open multiples).

I really like evince, it's fast and responds well, and has not crashed
once with heavy testing.  I hope you have time to put it up on a
repository soon.

Thank you
Ted