[maemo-users] [maemo-announce] New OS 2006 firmware released

Hi,

ext Michael Wiktowy wrote:
> On 2/2/07, John P. Mitchell <john at cepros.com> wrote:
>>     Warranty void if I install non-nokia packages?!?!?!? Please tell me
>> this is not the case.
>
> As with all warrantees, if you do something to break it, you get to
> keep both pieces. So generalizing about installing anything
> automatically voiding warrantees is not terribly accurate or helpful.

Yes, I'm really starting to regret my careless choice of words,
please forgive them.  As Paul kindly put it, the more legally correct
expression would probably be something along lines "Nokia may refuse
to support configurations".

However, whenever you hear anything legal related from a technical
person, please give it the same consideration as when you hear a layman
commenting how pretty the coils on a particle accelerator look like...

	- Eero