[maemo-users] Some Thoughts Regarding IT OS 2007 and the N800

James Polley wrote:
> Do you have a solution for me?
You could just set LC_TIME=de_DE (or whatever timeformat you prefer) in
some enviroinment file sourced at startup. /etc/osso-af-init/locale is
the place
locales are read now, but if you ever change regional settings after that,
your change to that file will get overwritten.

>> I do not see this as something that would be high enough on our agenda
>> right now.
 > I don't see why this hasn't been done already. It's been done on
 > everything else I own, even my phones.

Do you have a Linux desktop?What do select to get a 24h locale there?
> Perhaps it would help if you could give us some background on why you
> feel this is such a hard problem to solve. It sounds as though there's
> been plenty of internal discussion about this - perhaps if we
> understood the background we'd be less upset, or perhaps even able to
> offer some solutions.

The device is just using normal Linux locales, I guess they don't want
to clutter
the regional settings screen with more settings.