[maemo-users] Some Thoughts Regarding IT OS 2007 and the N800

Jakub,

Thank you for the information regarding e-mail.  I'll try it out today.  I
would, however, recommend including an option to 'select all.'  Again, this
just saves the user from dragging across many e-mails.  The option would
work for whatever directory the user is in such as the 'inbox.'

I missed Jonathan's response yesterday but the ability to schedule backups,
like I do with my Palm, would be great.  I use BackupBuddy and backup my
data every time I turned off my Palm. My Palm died which was the driver for
me to look for an alternative.  It is here that one starts to discuss what
should be included with the product and what should be a purchased product.
BackupBuddy is a purchased product and I would be willing, for a full
featured product, to pay for the same or similar features for the Nokia.
For an included product, the program should enable one to backup any files
on the device, whether flash or card.  Backing up of all programs and data
should also be included.  The issue of cost then moves to the depth and
breadth of the features and the ability to, for example, selectively choose
which files to retrieve, performing incremental versus full backups, etc.

Regarding 12- 24-hour time, I recommend, for the next update, you provide
the ability of the user to choose which they desire.  Military personnel in
the US, for example, use a 24-hour clock as do many international
corporations.  Visitors to the US may see the N800 and decide to purchase
one at a local CompUSA and be disappointed that it uses US time.
Regards,

Nick Shaw