[maemo-users] Some Thoughts Regarding IT OS 2007 and the N800

1.	I like the N800 keyboards; however, what I don't like is that when I
select anything that requires the keyboard, it doesn't automatically appear
unless I take some action (usually highlighting an existing word that is
already highlighted or tapping the screen where there is nothing).  This is
inefficient.  Either the keyboard should appear automatically or one of the
hard keys/buttons should activate the keyboard (or at least I should be able
to re-program a hard key to activate the keyboard).
2.	The N800 backup program is adequate for simple backups; however, it
should include the ability to backup the storage cards and provide some
level of compression.  For example, I have two 2GB storage cards.  On one I
do backups.  On the other I have photos, etc.  I should be able to backup
one card to the other.  And I should be able to select backup of
applications, etc.
3.	The N800 contacts program is almost an adequate program.  It enables
one to add numerous fields; however, it doesn't have any address capability.
I don't know of any functional contacts program that doesn't provide for
including addresses (well, I do now.).
4.	I do a lot of international travel and thus like to use the 24-hour
clock, e.g. 1300 for 1:00PM, 1400 for 2:00PM, etc.  This is the first OS
I've encountered that doesn't allow for 12- or 24-hour clocks.  I'd like to
see that changed.
5.	As noted earlier, the Control Panel should, under Navigation,
include the ability to re-assign functionality to the hard keys.  I don't
actually use these keys except to play a game or to re-activate the
screen/keys after hibernation.
6.	I do like the sketch program and it's ability to become larger.  I
use it a lot in meetings.
7.	Battery life on the N800, in comparison to a Palm, is awesome and I
agree with what others have written about leaving the device on but locking
the keys.  Excellent!
8.	For an Internet Tablet, e-mail is a major component.  Unless I'm
missing something, there is no option to delete all e-mails or even to
select several e-mails and delete them.  For example, I subscribe to two
newsgroups and regularly receive lots of e-mails.  In my office I scan the
headers to see which are important and delete the rest.  I do the same with
the N800 except I have to delete each e-mail one-by-one.  That's tedious and
inefficient.

Regards,

Nick Shaw