[maemo-users] Some Thoughts Regarding IT OS 2007 and the N800

>> The N800 backup program is adequate for simple backups; however, it
>> should include the ability to backup the storage cards and provide
>> some level of compression.  For example, I have two 2GB
>storage cards.
>> On one I do backups.  On the other I have photos, etc.  I should be
>> able to backup one card to the other.  And I should be able
>to select
>> backup of applications, etc.
>
>Agree -- would love to backup apps.  After a reflash, you have
>to install everything again.  It's great to save your prefs
>etc, but getting the apps back would be very nice.  I'd like
>to have the backup be something you could schedule -- on my
>Palm's I used BackupMan and had it run each night at 1am.

This is much more difficult than you think (I was campaining for that
feature too).

>> I do a lot of international travel and thus like to use the 24-hour
>> clock, e.g. 1300 for 1:00PM, 1400 for 2:00PM, etc.  This is
>the first
>> OS I've encountered that doesn't allow for 12- or 24-hour
>clocks.  I'd
>> like to see that changed.
>
>no comment.

This is based on your country's way of handling it. US/UK will get you
the AM/PM way, other countries usually use the 24 hour system.

>> For an Internet Tablet, e-mail is a major component.  Unless I'm
>> missing something, there is no option to delete all e-mails
>or even to
>> select several e-mails and delete them.  For example, I subscribe to
>> two newsgroups and regularly receive lots of e-mails.  In my
>office I
>> scan the headers to see which are important and delete the
>rest.  I do
>> the same with the N800 except I have to delete each e-mail
>one-by-one.
>> That's tedious and inefficient.
>
>Agree - had that issue previously on the 770 as well.  I
>currently use Gmail in the browser.

Multiple selections are possible and rather easy. Just drag the pen over
several emails in a row. And then you can add more by dragging over
another list of emails. It supports multiple selections ;) Guess a video
with instructions would help here ...

--jakub