[maemo-users] Problem: automatic boot from off state

On 10/11/06, Amit Kucheria <amit.kucheria at nokia.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 11:12 +0200, ext Antonio Orlando wrote:
> > > So no more auto-bootups occuring? :)
> >
> > Yes, no more. This is not "so" strange indeed: in fact, they occurred
> > first time for several times in sequence (but sometimes the problem not
> > occurring - so, sequence of weird auto-bootups interlaced with some
> normal
> > manual-bootups).

Maybe it is a quantum thing ;]
An observed particle can't be in two places at once.
A watched pot never boils.
A used 770 never reboots spontaneously.

I have never experienced such a thing but that is likely because I almost
never turn my 770 off. It lasts a couple days of light use or a single day
of pretty heavy use just by making sure you put the cover on between uses to
turn off the power-gobbling screen. I plug it in every night while it is
still running anyways. It is a usage/charge pattern that works out quite
well for me. Once in a while, things will crash and burn and the 770 will
spontaneously reboot but it is a rare thing indeed when I manually do a hard
reboot ... the only reasons that I can think of is when I install something
that needs to initialize some service at boot up and when the opera browser
goes wonky in some manner or other.

/Mike