[maemo-users] Bluetooth keyboard

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 01:36:32PM -0400, Larry Battraw wrote:
> On 10/12/06, Willie McKemie <mckemie+maemo at spamcop.net> wrote:
> >I bought a "Microsoft Bluetooth" keyboard to attempt to use on the 770.
> >This thing apparently is normally used with a USB bluetooth receiver
> >attached to the host.  Has anyone used one of these, either
> >successfully or unsuccessfully, on a 770?

Thanks for the response!

>  First off, you'll need to pair it with the 770.  My MS keyboard has
> a small, recessed button that initiates pairing.  It won't be visible

Is that the key in the upper right, labeled "Sleep"?  That one gives me
no satisfaction.

> for pairing without pressing the button and then scanning for the
> keyboard fairly quickly afterwards.  Once you can scan it you should
> be able to pair and so forth.  You may run into issues with the
> keyboard going to sleep and not automatically re-connecting, so good
> luck!

On the 770, I select the BT icon, then "Settings", then "Select
keyboard from list", then it "searching for devices" forever.

How does one tell when the keyboard batteries are exhausted?  I have
found no "power on" switch or indicator.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  207 days 21 hours 22 minutes