[maemo-users] Problem: automatic boot from off state

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 13:59 +0200, ext Antonio Orlando wrote:
> >> When I have the device turned off (not stand-by, really off), often
> >> removing the cover I find it already booted, [...]
>
> > Do you have any alarms configured?
>
> No alarms, as pointed out by Andrew. Just to make sure, I'm going to check
> it now on my 770 I left *OFF* yesterday with still a few battery and...
> surprise, it's wake and ready to go, but the battery has reached level 0,
> so I must go for a charge and wait for using it :(
>
> Question: due to this problem, I have to recharge the battery more than
> required, because sometimes I can leave it off for days and then, when I'm
> approaching to work on it, I find it on and with few battery power. So: is
> it possible to use the device in charge mode? Is it wise? Can I work on it
> with the power cord *always* in the outlet? (and I take it off when not
> using it... which is, the opposite of how it should be ;)

Yes it is OK to use the device when it is charging.

But more details are needed to debug the problem.

- Could you share with us the version of software you are running.
(Control Panel -> Device -> About Product).

- Have you installed any 3rd-party applications? (Application Manager ->
Show installed applications)

- How do you switch OFF the device?

- Can you install xterminal and send us the output of /proc/bootreason?

Regards,
Amit

--
Amit Kucheria <amit.kucheria at nokia.com>