[maemo-users] Re: problem adding repositorys to the Catalogue.

2006/9/26, Ed Bartosh <Eduard.Bartosh at nokia.com>:

> On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 14:51, ext Luca Donaggio wrote:
> > 2006/9/22, Marius Vollmer <marius.vollmer at nokia.com>:
> >         "ext Marius Gedminas" <marius at pov.lt> writes:
> >
> >         > I hope that by the time OS2007 comes out, two things will
> happen
> >         >
> >         > * all of the useful and tested packages will be uplosded to
> the Garage
> >         >   repository (repository.maemo.org/extras)
> >
> >         This is mostly up to the maintainers of those packages, I'd say.
> >

> > Well, the problem is that it is very difficult to upload a package to
> the extras (formerly known as contrib) repository for us not using a debian
> based distro :-)
> >
> Not 'that' difficult :) I've just uploaded new mplayer release to extras
> from my old RedHat clone without any problem.
> Here is the log. I hope it helps:
> $ cat /etc/redhat-release
> Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
> $ ls
> mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7_armel.changes  mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7.diff.gz
> mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7_armel.deb      mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7.dsc
> $/scratchbox/devkits/debian/bin/debsign -e"eduard.bartosh at nokia.com"
> mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7_armel.changes
> signfile mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7.dsc eduard.bartosh at nokia.com
>
> <skipped pathphrase's requests>
>
> Successfully signed dsc and changes files
> $ scp * ed_ at garage.maemo.org:/var/www/extras/incoming/
>
> That's it. After 2 minutes all mplayer files were accessible by apt from
> extras repo.
>
> BTW, I didn't manage to sign packages in scratchbox  because of gnupg
> problem:
> signfile mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7.dsc Ed Bartosh <eduard.bartosh at nokia.com>
> gpg: WARNING: "--no-show-policy-url" is a deprecated option
> gpg: please use "--list-options no-show-policy-urls" instead
> gpg: WARNING: "--no-show-policy-url" is a deprecated option
> gpg: please use "--verify-options no-show-policy-urls" instead
> gpg: protection algorithm 3 is not supported
> gpg: skipped "Ed Bartosh <eduard.bartosh at nokia.com>": unknown cipher
> algorithm
> gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: unknown cipher algorithm
> debsign: gpg error occurred!  Aborting....
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Ed

You're right Ed, it's not a matter of linux flavour, but of availability of
debian utilities for your distribution. I know you can always download the
sources and install what you need, but I still think that if Maemo for
Scratchbox provided these tools just out-of-the-box life would be a little
bit easier for us ;-) !
Anyway, I'm gonna try the Sardine way and see if I can manage to make it
work.

Luca Donaggio