[maemo-users] Re: problem adding repositorys to the Catalogue.

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 16:00, ext Luca Donaggio wrote:
> 2006/9/26, Ed Bartosh <Eduard.Bartosh at nokia.com>:
>         On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 14:51, ext Luca Donaggio wrote:
>         > 2006/9/22, Marius Vollmer <marius.vollmer at nokia.com>:
>         >         "ext Marius Gedminas" <marius at pov.lt> writes:
>         >
>         >         > I hope that by the time OS2007 comes out, two things will happen
>         >         >
>         >         > * all of the useful and tested packages will be uplosded to the Garage
>         >         >   repository (repository.maemo.org/extras)
>         >
>         >         This is mostly up to the maintainers of those packages, I'd say.
>         >
>         >
>         > Well, the problem is that it is very difficult to upload a package to the extras (formerly known as contrib) repository for us not using a debian based distro :-)
>         >
>         Not 'that' difficult :) I've just uploaded new mplayer release to extras from my old RedHat clone without any problem.
>         Here is the log. I hope it helps:
>         $ cat /etc/redhat-release
>         Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
>         $ ls
>         mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7_armel.changes  mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7.diff.gz
>         mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7_armel.deb       mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7.dsc
>         $/scratchbox/devkits/debian/bin/debsign -e"eduard.bartosh at nokia.com" mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7_armel.changes
>         signfile mplayer_1.0pre8- maemo.7.dsc eduard.bartosh at nokia.com
>
>         <skipped pathphrase's requests>
>
>         Successfully signed dsc and changes files
>         $ scp * ed_ at garage.maemo.org:/var/www/extras/incoming/
>
>         That's it. After 2 minutes all mplayer files were accessible by apt from extras repo.
>
>         BTW, I didn't manage to sign packages in scratchbox  because of gnupg problem:
>         signfile mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7.dsc Ed Bartosh < eduard.bartosh at nokia.com>
>         gpg: WARNING: "--no-show-policy-url" is a deprecated option
>         gpg: please use "--list-options no-show-policy-urls" instead
>         gpg: WARNING: "--no-show-policy-url" is a deprecated option
>         gpg: please use "--verify-options no-show-policy-urls" instead
>         gpg: protection algorithm 3 is not supported
>         gpg: skipped "Ed Bartosh < eduard.bartosh at nokia.com>": unknown cipher algorithm
>         gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: unknown cipher algorithm
>         debsign: gpg error occurred!  Aborting....
>
>         --
>         Best regards,
>         Ed
>

> You're right Ed, it's not a matter of linux flavour, but of availability of debian utilities for your distribution. I know you can always download the sources and install what you need, but I still think that if Maemo for Scratchbox provided these tools just out-of-the-box life would be a little bit easier for us ;-) !
> Anyway, I'm gonna try the Sardine way and see if I can manage to make it work.

My point was a bit different. I tried to show that you can upload files to contrib (I mean extra) without any additional tools.

Of course it's better to have working dput and debsign out of the box, but you don't have to wait for this, this is what I meant.

--
Best regards,
Ed