[maemo-users] Re: problem adding repositorys to the Catalogue.

2006/9/26, Ed Bartosh <Eduard.Bartosh at nokia.com>:

> On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 16:00, ext Luca Donaggio wrote:
> > 2006/9/26, Ed Bartosh <Eduard.Bartosh at nokia.com>:
> >         On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 14:51, ext Luca Donaggio wrote:
> >         > 2006/9/22, Marius Vollmer <marius.vollmer at nokia.com>:
> >         >         "ext Marius Gedminas" <marius at pov.lt> writes:
> >         >
> >         >         > I hope that by the time OS2007 comes out, two things
> will happen
> >         >         >
> >         >         > * all of the useful and tested packages will be
> uplosded to the Garage
> >         >         >   repository (repository.maemo.org/extras)
> >         >
> >         >         This is mostly up to the maintainers of those
> packages, I'd say.
> >         >
> >         >
> >         > Well, the problem is that it is very difficult to upload a
> package to the extras (formerly known as contrib) repository for us not
> using a debian based distro :-)
> >         >
> >         Not 'that' difficult :) I've just uploaded new mplayer release
> to extras from my old RedHat clone without any problem.
> >         Here is the log. I hope it helps:
> >         $ cat /etc/redhat-release
> >         Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
> >         $ ls
> >         mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7_armel.changes  mplayer_1.0pre8-
> maemo.7.diff.gz
> >         mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7_armel.deb       mplayer_1.0pre8-
> maemo.7.dsc
> >         $/scratchbox/devkits/debian/bin/debsign -e"
> eduard.bartosh at nokia.com" mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7_armel.changes
> >         signfile mplayer_1.0pre8- maemo.7.dsc eduard.bartosh at nokia.com
> >
> >         <skipped pathphrase's requests>
> >
> >         Successfully signed dsc and changes files
> >         $ scp * ed_ at garage.maemo.org:/var/www/extras/incoming/
> >
> >         That's it. After 2 minutes all mplayer files were accessible by
> apt from extras repo.
> >
> >         BTW, I didn't manage to sign packages in scratchbox  because of
> gnupg problem:
> >         signfile mplayer_1.0pre8-maemo.7.dsc Ed Bartosh <
> eduard.bartosh at nokia.com>
> >         gpg: WARNING: "--no-show-policy-url" is a deprecated option
> >         gpg: please use "--list-options no-show-policy-urls" instead
> >         gpg: WARNING: "--no-show-policy-url" is a deprecated option
> >         gpg: please use "--verify-options no-show-policy-urls" instead
> >         gpg: protection algorithm 3 is not supported
> >         gpg: skipped "Ed Bartosh < eduard.bartosh at nokia.com>": unknown
> cipher algorithm
> >         gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: unknown cipher algorithm
> >         debsign: gpg error occurred!  Aborting....
> >
> >         --
> >         Best regards,
> >         Ed
> >

> > You're right Ed, it's not a matter of linux flavour, but of availability
> of debian utilities for your distribution. I know you can always download
> the sources and install what you need, but I still think that if Maemo for
> [...]

Thanks a lot Ed, I was completely missing the most important information on
your previous email: you can completely avoid the use of dput with a simple
scp in the right place! Now grsync is available from the "extras" repo, too!
I have no problem with debsign, just use the SHA1 algorithm and not the
(unsupported bu osoo-gpg) default one.

Bye,

Luca Donaggio