[maemo-users] connection options

Ok.. I have this brand new 770, and the obvious next step is to get
connected to the net, but... there's no WiFi access point handy.  S

It would seem that there should be a way to:

- use the laptop sitting on my office desk (hard-wired connection to the
office LAN, wi-fi card) as a router, and/or,
- plug a bluetooth dongle into the laptop and use it as a router, and/or,
- connect via a usb cable and use the laptop as a router

But.. so far, I keep running into the limitations of WinXP internet
connection sharing - it doesn't like to use the fixed IP associated with
our internal LAN.

I'm sure that somebody has already figured this out - so any suggestions
or pointers would be much appreciated.

Also.. any comments re. doing the same thing, but with a Mac (my home
machine).

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman