[maemo-users] connection options

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 01:36:09PM -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Ok.. I have this brand new 770, and the obvious next step is to get
> connected to the net, but... there's no WiFi access point handy.  S
>
> It would seem that there should be a way to:
>
> - use the laptop sitting on my office desk (hard-wired connection to the
> office LAN, wi-fi card) as a router, and/or,
> - plug a bluetooth dongle into the laptop and use it as a router, and/or,
> - connect via a usb cable and use the laptop as a router

I'm sure all three are doable, but I don't know how.

Using an ad-hoc wireless network might be simplest.

> But.. so far, I keep running into the limitations of WinXP internet
> connection sharing - it doesn't like to use the fixed IP associated with
> our internal LAN.
>
> I'm sure that somebody has already figured this out - so any suggestions
> or pointers would be much appreciated.
>
> Also.. any comments re. doing the same thing, but with a Mac (my home
> machine).

I don't have a Mac, but I've seen someone enable wired Internet sharing
over WiFi with a couple of clicks.  IIRC the Mac pretended to be an
access point.

Marius Gedminas
--
WARN_(accel)("msg null; should hang here to be win compatible\n");
	-- WINE source code