[maemo-users] apt-get upgrade?

Raf D'Halleweyn (list) wrote:
> When run as root, apt-get upgrade shows a list of possible updates that
> are not offered through the Application manager. Are these safe to
> install?

>   certs clinkc0 gcc-3.4-base gst-plugins-farsight lessertunjo0 libcst

When I did this, I got into a perpetual reboot cycle because of
gst-plugins-farsight crashing. It was necessary for me to

a) switch off the lifeguard reset logic with the flasher program
b) Remove gst-plugins-farsight and the one package it depended upon
c) switch lifeguard reset back on (again, with the flasher).

Your mileage may vary, but I would suggest avoiding gst-plugins-farsight
until it is announced to be fixed.

other than that, I was able to upgrade via apt-get.