[maemo-users] Bluetooth GPS connection with closed cover? (Re: Metal case for Nokia 770)

  Hi Frantisek,

probably you are right, because in
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18259&postcount=122
the author of Maeomo-Mapper, John Costello alias 'gnuite', writes:

> Maemo Mapper currently detects when the cover is put on, turning off the
scanning when that occurs

I had a look at the Maemo Mapper source:

static void
osso_cb_hw_state(osso_hw_state_t *state, gpointer data)
{
    [...]
    if(state->system_inactivity_ind)
    {
        if(_must_save_data)
            _must_save_data = FALSE;
        else if(_conn_state > RCVR_OFF)
        {
            set_conn_state(RCVR_OFF);
            rcvr_disconnect();
            [...]
        }
    }
    [...]
}

It seem like this is the place I have to patch if I want Maemo-Mapper to
keep recording GPS track info even when I close the cover.

  regards, Armin.

On 7/14/06, Frantisek Dufka <dufkaf at seznam.cz> wrote:

> Armin Warda wrote:
> > To me it looks like this option indeed only affects Bluetooth/WLAN
> > _Internet_ connections, not Bluetooth GPS connections.
> [...]
Isn't this user software problem? i.e. maemo mapper or other gps sw