[maemo-users] Bluetooth GPS connection with closed cover? (Re: Metal case for Nokia 770)

Armin Warda wrote:

> To me it looks like this option indeed only affects Bluetooth/WLAN
> _Internet_ connections, not Bluetooth GPS connections.

Well IMHO it affects all bluetooth connections and the problem is
elsewhere. I haven't tested my bluetooth keyboard over kbdd with closed
cover yet, but pand/bnep bluetooth connection works fine with cover
closed. Also there is little diference between bluetooth network over
phone and gps connected. Both are using serial rfcomm connection so it
is unlikely one is working and the other is not.

> I unchecked this option, but still my Bluetooth GPS connection was alway
> disconnected when I put the cover on the device, and the device
> automatically reconnected when I opened the cover again. But this is not
> what we want! We want the Bluetooth GPS connection to remain active all
> the time, even when the cover is closed.

Isn't this user software problem? i.e. maemo mapper or other gps sw
going to sleeep properly when cover is closed and display/keys is turned
off. This is recommended way of doing things to save power.

Frantisek