SyncML (was: Re: [maemo-users] Next revision of 770 hardware - any idea when it will be available?)

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 09:54 +0300, Devesh Kothari wrote:
> >     www.funambol.com
> >
> > On the subject of syncml I have two related questions:
> >
> >     1. Does the 770 software support/implement  syncml?
> >
> Currently 770 does not have a syncml implementation, but I hope
> someone
> would port one :)

Okay, I bite. I have written SyncEvolution, a SyncML client for
Evolution, available at [1]. It is based on the GPL Funambol C++ client
library which currently still has some issues with non-Funambol servers.
I am busy trying to fix those, but as soon as this is done I want to
install the OS 2006, check out how compatible the Open Handed port of
the Evolution dataserver libraries is (looks promising from what I have
read so far) and perhaps it will even compile right away.

What data do you want to synchronize on the 770?

[1] http://www.estamos.de/projects/SyncML/

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de