[maemo-users] Supoprt for MSN and ICQ in IM app ?

Hi,

maybee poiting them to the icq/msn page where the license says that the
provider of the service can do anything with the data sent over their
servers, i.e. sell to third party, use for statistics or advertisment,
will change their mind?

MSN is a problem. Recently a friend pointed out, that you are actually
breaking law (the license agreement with microsoft) if you use a
non-certified client to connect to their network.

ICQ is a problem, too. AFAIK, their protocol changes quite often and
needs to be reverse engineered in order to work again with open source
clients.

I think it?s better to bring all users to jabber (which is also
available for windows, through gtalk, psi and others) than supporting
other protocols.

In order to use more of what jabber can do - the n770 client needs some
improvements. i.e. chatrooms (is there, but crashes), transports and in
my case gpg support (most pc clients have it), ...

	Michael

Am Montag, den 26.06.2006, 13:20 +0200 schrieb Agnoletti, Klaus (DK -
Copenhagen):