[maemo-users] New user questions

Hello maemo users!

My wife purchased a 770 Internet Tablet for me about one week ago.
Since then, I have been trying to learn as much as I can about it
from the user's perspective. Borrowing a friend's Windows PC, I
managed to update the software to Version 5.2006.13-7. I have
encountered a few issues since then and I wonder if any solutions
exist for them?

1. I use Mac OS X. Is there any way (other than using Virtual PC or
buying an Intel-Mac) to load system updates onto the 770 using it
instead of Windows?

2. The desktop clock appears to be three hours off from my Central
Daylight Time time zone. Is there a patch that I am unaware of? If
so, where can I find it?

3. Speaking of time in the Date & Time Control Panel, the Daylight
savings time checkbox will not check no matter what/when I try it.
Again, any patch for this?

4. The Utilities > Clock app shows the same time no matter what
cities/time zones I select.

5. When using the e-mail client to send a message, I cannot populate
the To: line using the Contacts list. I tap on the Contacts icon,
then select the appropriate name from the dialog, and tap "Add".
Nothing happens. %-\
This does not seem right.

6. Finally after searching Nokia's website, I can find no direction
as to how to optimally charge the battery. Is is best to drain it
completely or nearly so prior to recharging, or doesn't it matter?

Your experienced assistance is appreciated! 8-)

Thanks.

J.