[maemo-users] maemo 2.0 beta bugs and wishes discussion....

Jac Kersing schrieb:
>>      * WISHLIST
>>              * SMIME in Mail is there but does anybody use it? IMHO
>>                GnuPG is much more common.
>
> Yes, people use SMIME. As Outlook (Express) has it build in it's very
> convenient when exchanging mail with the mayority of the internet users.

I know quite a few people (perhaps two dozen), work and private, who use
outcrook (some even the express *shudder*), but none of them has cared
yet about smime. Most don't even know what it is. They do use gpg though.

Not supporting gpg/pgp or no possibilty to use it with the n770 would
disable secure communication for the other part of the mail users.

BTW: Do you have a trusted smime cert from Verisign or any other trusted
CA (assuming you're using smime)? If not whats the use of those certs
then when not comming from a trusted CA?

Cheers
Adrian
--
GPG Key ID: 42C33D97 | Reg. User #255628 (http://counter.li.org)
Fingerprint: 239D 7006 3CF0 8951 9FDA CA63 EF5C C95A 42C3 3D97