[maemo-users] USB Host mode question

On 5/17/06, Kwadroke of The Wired <kwadroke at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am wanting to use the USB host mode on my 770. Can it be switched
> back to standard mode using the flash utility after switching it to
> host mode? If not, can I do this from a XTerm? Would switching it to
> host mode cause problems with upgrading the firmware when the new
> release comes out?
> I've seen the FAQ on switching to host mode, but nothing about it
> still being used in standard mode after the switch.
>
> Thanks
> Tony Bates

Yes the process is reversable with flasher.
Yes you can switch back and forth from the XTerm but I believe that you need
root access.
Not sure if having it in host mode will conflict with a firmware upgrade but
if it does, you can easily switch it back.

I believe that you can run flasher with no args to get a list of things it
can do.
Search the mailing list archives for instructions on the exact /proc/ entry
to change to switch to host mode on the fly as I can't remember of the top
of my head ... but it was mentioned a few times on the list and I think
there is some info in the Maemo Wiki.

Hope this helps,
/Mike