[maemo-users] Panel Clock Applet - Wrong Time

On 5/15/06, Amichai Rotman <amichai at iglu.org.il> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have OS v3.2005.51-13 an panel clock v0.4  Installed.
>
> The time is one hour ahead - no matter what I do.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Also, is it really imperative to upgrade the OS to the last update? can
> someone provide a changelog?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Amichai Rotman
>
> UIN#: 6401746
> Registered Linux User#: 201192 [http://counter.li.org/]

It is a known issue that involves missing timezone files. There is a
workaround that is mentioned in the mailing list archives that will correct
this but requires root mode I think. Nokia should have respun a quick update
to correct this but ... they didn't. I suppose time is best spent on getting
the OS 2006 out the door which should be available within a month or so ...
they say "June". So if you only want to update once, I would wait until then
and that should correct your clock issue too.

The change log for the latest OS 2005 is pretty sparse but from my
experience, the lastest OS image works a lot smoother and has less out of
memory issues. I think all the changes revolved around those internal issues
with very little functionality change. So while it is not critical to
update, you will have a better user experience, IMHO.

/Mike