[maemo-users] Application Installer problem

mrn at post.cz wrote:

> 2. then: python (for-do-dpkg -X), and (libgpgpe*.lib by using
> for-do-dpkg in Xterm)
..
> AFTER this case the install tool works no more
> (giving messsages like'unable to install', 'unable to uninstall' )
> , but dpkg -X package /var/lib/install still does his job
> - putting the links even into the menu (!!!)
> - but not listing the apps we install in this way in the 'Application
> Installer'

Looks like you mess something with dpkg. It can be file permissions if
you are doing it as root. Files created by root cannot be modified by
other users. Try doing it as user 'install' via sudo. Or why you don't
use application installer if you want to install stuff in
/var/lib/install? The python runtime _is_ installable by application
installer.

Frantisek