[maemo-users] installing applications from control panel -- no 'extras' folder

hi --

i have multiple 770s. one just failed on me (the weird blank display
thing). i'm on the 2nd one now...

i just installed xterm. however, it installed successfully (so it
said), yet there is no 'extras' folder in my main menu. i do know how
it should look, since it worked like that on my first machine. i also
tried installing another app (python), but that doesnt show up either
after installation.

i did a search for 'xterm' and the only file that is returned is the
source .deb.

how do i access thes installed files? anyone else have this problem,
or a suggestion?

(another unrelated problem is that sometimes the file manager does not
recognise the memory card. i had to reboot for it to see it again. is
this normal?)

thanks! christine