De: Frantisek Dufka [mailto:dufkaf at seznam.cz]
Enviado el: viernes, 05 de mayo de 2006 11:50
Para: maemo-users at maemo.org
Asunto: Re: [maemo-users] Bluetooth keyboard

Tomas Junnonen wrote:
>> It's a freedom keyboard

http://freedominput.com/mainsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1
5&Itemid=34

> Unfortunately the freedom keyboard will not work with the BT plugin, as
> the keyboard does not support the required Bluetooth HID profile. The
> keyboard uses the serial port profile, which is why it is being detected
> as a potential GPS device.
>
> I believe that it might be possible to get the keyboard working with the
> kbdd program, although it's quite complicated. See
> http://fanoush.webpark.cz/maemo/ and
> http://handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/kbdd for information.

Yes, this is your only chance if you don't want to get rid of the
keyboard. Looks like the Freedom Keyboard II supports HID profile but
the one you have does not.

It can be definitely made to work with kbdd from
http://fanoush.webpark.cz/maemo/ but the hard part is to figure out
which keyboard type supported by kbdd is compatible with you keyboard
(if you are lucky) or more probably you may need to figure out keycodes
and communication protocol your keyboard uses and then it needs to be
added to kbdd. I did this with iPAQ Bluetooth Foldable and it was not so
hard but it definitely needs some hacking and linux skills on your part.
I may add it to kbdd if you figure out the protocol.

Frantisek