[maemo-users] Maemopad+: Illegal Instruction

> > any other details on the error message?
> Yes, actually--right before it terminates with "Illegal
> Instruction" (AFAIK, this is a fatal signal--like "Segmentation
> Fault"--so something is seriously wrong) it prints this:
>
> osso_initialize() WARNING: if the system bus activated this program,
> Libosso does not connect to the session bus!

this part is normal, afaik everybody gets this.

> I'm not sure what the proper command-line invocation for Maemo
> applications is--I know it's not the usual. I ran it like this:
>
> run-standalone.sh /var/lib/install/usr/bin/maemopadplus

this one and the usual "/var/lib/install/usr/bin/maemopadplus"
(without the run-standalone.sh part) works for me. and honestly I
don't know what's going on with the illegal instruction (SIGILL, value
4) thing. asked in #maemo just about now.

> It looks like a great application, by the way, I'd like to try taking
> notes with it. It struck me the other day my 770 might just work
> perfectly for computerized notes.

thanks, I hope we can find a solution.

--
Kemal